Beginner Silversmithing Class – 3 Rings Project
- In this class, students will learn the basic techniques of soldering metals by creating 3 rings! You will learn how to use essential tools in silversmithing, how to handle a torch, the uses of different kinds of flux and solders, and how to bezel set a stone – all in a relaxed and safe environment.
- January 11 & 12 in Durango, CO – Cost is $175 – FULL
- February 29 & March 1 in Durango, CO – Cost is $175 ($75 deposit required) – FULL
Creating Cuffs & Basics of Silversmithing
- Join me in this exciting one day workshop to learn the basics of silversmithing. We will work with sterling silver to create three stack cuffs. Throughout the day you will be introduced to essential tools, the art of soldering, how to bezel set a cabochon, and how to add decorative design elements to your cuffs. You will also learn how to polish and finish your jewelry pieces and learn different tool options that allow you to jump into this craft without investing a fortune.
- January 18, 2020 at AhHaa School of Arts in Telluride – click HERE to register.
- March 28, 2020 at Weehawken Creative Arts Center in Ridgeway, CO – Click HERE to register
Build a Pendant – Stepping Stone to Intermediate Silversmithing – One-Day Workshop
- In this class, students will review the principles of soldering through building a pendant. In this one-day workshop, students will learn how to solder a bezel, add decorative wire designs through sweat soldering, how to pierce metal and add a bail to the pendant. Students will also have the opportunity to watch a live demonstration of how to sweat solder a landscape design of a local San Juan Mountain Range.
Prerequisites: Understand the basic principles of soldering, how to bezel set a cabochon, and preferably have taken a silversmithing class before.
- January 8, 2020 at AhHaa School of Arts in Telluride, CO – click HERE to register
- March 29, 2020 at Weehawken Creative Arts Center in Ridgeway CO – Click HERE to register
- April 25, 2020 from 9:30-4:00 in Durango – Cost is $125 ($50 deposit required) – To register contact Chayse – ONE SPOT LEFT
Creating Multidimensional Jewelry – Practicing Overlays
- In this class students will use the art of sawing and soldering to create multidimensional jewelry pieces – either rings or pendants
- April 26, 2020 in Durango, CO – Cost is $130 with $50 deposit required – To register contact Chayse – FULL
CLICK HERE to see more of my students’ photos!
REVIEW: Thank you so much for a wonderful experience! I loved the class and what I was able to create in just 2 days. As with all things, practicing will help me learn and grow. I do feel that I learned the basics of metalsmithing and had enough material and that I could make a ring on my own; especially if I have my reading glasses 🙂