Beginner Silversmithing Class – 3 Rings Project
- In this class, students will learn the basic techniques of soldering metals by creating 3 rings! You will learn how to use essential tools in silversmithing, how to handle a torch, the uses of different kinds of flux and solders, and how to bezel set a stone – all in a relaxed and safe environment. Cost: $175 (all tools & materials included). DEPOSIT OF $75 IS REQUIRED TO HOLD YOUR SPOT. To register contact Chayse Romero
- OCTOBER 12 &13 (In Durango) – Full
- CONTACT ME TO GET ON MY MAILING LIST AND BE THE FIRST TO FIND OUT ABOUT CLASSES!
Build a Pendant – Stepping Stone to Intermediate Silversmithing – One-Day Workshop
- In this class, students will review the principles of soldering through building a pendant. In this one-day workshop, students will learn how to solder a bezel, add decorative wire designs through sweat soldering, how to pierce metal and add a bail to the pendant. Students will also have the opportunity to watch a live demonstration of how to sweat solder a landscape design of a local San Juan Mountain Range.
Prerequisites: Understand the basic principles of soldering, how to bezel set a cabochon, and preferably have taken the 3 Rings Class at the Gem Club.
- Cost: $115 ($45 Deposit Required) To register contact Chayse Romero
- SEPTEMBER 8 – FULL
- DECEMBER 14 – Spots still available
- Location: Four Corners Gem and Mineral Club, Durnago CO
CLICK HERE to see more of my students’ photos!
REVIEW: Thank you so much for a wonderful experience! I loved the class and what I was able to create in just 2 days. As with all things, practicing will help me learn and grow. I do feel that I learned the basics of metalsmithing and had enough material and that I could make a ring on my own; especially if I have my reading glasses 🙂